APOLLO HOSPITALS HYDERABAD
Joint Commission International, USA.
Internationally Accredited Hospital
Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad Overview
Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad is a 550-bed tertiary care centre. It has over 50 medical and surgical disciplines. Spread over a campus area of 35 acres, the hospital has a built-up area of 190,000 square feet. Its services are supported by sophisticated technology and experienced medical professionals.
The first PET CT Scanner in India was installed at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad in January of 2005.
Most of the consultants at the hospital have international experience - either educational, work experience related or observational. The average staff to patient ratio for the hospital is 3:1 with a 1:1 ratio prevailing in priority areas like the Intensive Care Unit and the Cardiac Care Unit.
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad handles close to 100,000 patients a year. International patients from Tanzania, the USA, the UAE, Kenya, Oman and neighbouring Asian countries.
Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad
Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad is one of the few hospitals in India which is equipped to provide comprehensive cancer care to combat this disease. This hospital has been built on the lines of international centers of repute like Memorial Sloan Kettering, New York Medical College and Royal Marsden and lays great emphasis on organ preservation and cosmesis. The technology at the hospital is contemporary and world class. Service excellence is achieved and maintained by a totally committed team comprising of renowned consultants, ably supported by a dedicated team of paramedics and nurses. Surgical Oncology, a separate Head & Neck Oncology division, Medical Oncology & Radiation Oncology & Rehabilitation are important ingredients of Cancer care. Apollo Cancer Hospital has the best of all these.
Cancer Hospital Highlights
- Tumor board “Golden Triangle” offers unbiased,evidence based treatment strategies for all types of cancers.
- Linear Accelerator, IMLC, 6 MV ad 15 MV photons and multiple energy electron beams. Also used for total body radiation before BMT, total skin electron therapy. Capable of multiple rotational & wide field treatment.
- Intensity Modulating Radiotherapy (IMRT).
- 3D-CRT (3 dimensional conformal Radiotherapy)
- PET CT Scan and PET – CT guided Radiotherapy
- Tele – Cobalt – 60 fully equipped unit
- Simulator to simulate the operations of external beam units. Has a fluoroscopic attachment for precise planning of treatment
- HDR Brachytherapy with highly sophisticated 3D Computerized planning System.
- Chemotherapy, new generation drugs and international protocols.
- Bone Marrow Transplantation comprehensive department, expanding into the largest facility in the country.
- Dedicated Head and Neck Oncology Department
- Back – up of Apollo Hospital, with world class expertise in over 50 specialties.
Cancer Super Specialties
Medical Oncology Facilities:
The Medical Oncology Department is augmented “Day Care Centre” at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad with exclusive specialized staff, trained in oncological emergencies and anti-cancer drug administration. Apollo Cancer Hospital has a sophisticated Bone Marrow Transplantation facility. BMT is finding increasing application for various kinds of cancers and also for non cancer disorders like aplastic anemia, thalassemia. The 4-bedded BMT unit is the first-of-its-kind in Andhra Pradesh. Autologous, Allogeneic, BMT and Peripheral Stem Cell Harvest procedures can be done in a fraction of the overseas cost.
The Surgical Oncology Department at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad has specialists well versed with intricacies of oncological practice, as well as in tune with organ preservation protocols including limb salvage surgery for Osteosarcomas & soft tissue sarcomas.
Head & Neck Oncology:
The hospital has a dedicated Head & Neck department exclusively for screening & treatment of head & neck malignancies. Experienced Head & Neck Surgical Oncologists do complex surgeries including skull base procedures, reconstructions, free flaps, function preservation surgeries etc.
Supportive Services and Rehabilitation:
The hospital is supported by a support group consisting of Medical Counselors, Physiotherapist, Speech Therapist, Dietician and others, providing comprehensive care to patients.
The Radiation Oncology Department has sophisticated Siemens Linear Accelerator with multi-energy photons and electron beam facility enabling us to treat all types of tumors. This machine is also capable of arc therapy, total skin electron therapy and total body irradiation. The accuracy of this specialized treatment is checked with the EPID (Electronic Portal Imaging Device). The Department also has MLC (Multi Leaf Collimeter), IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy), 3-D CRT (3- Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy), PET-CT Guided Radiotherapy, Syngo Fusion Technology, 3-Dimesional Treatment Planning System, Simulator, Full-fledged Cobalt Unit for high precision external beam Radiotherapy. The CT scan, MRI & PET-CT Scan has networking with Radiotherapy Planning & Treatment which makes the entire treatment procedure highly precise.
Technology at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
The Radiation Oncology Department at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad has sophisticated Siemens Linear Accelerator with multi-energy photons and electron beam facility enabling us to treat all types of tumors. This machine is also capable of arc therapy, total skin electron therapy and total body irradiation. The accuracy of this specialized treatment is checked with the EPID (Electronic Portal Imaging Device). The Department also has MLC (Multi Leaf Collimeter), IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy), 3-D CRT (3- Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy), PET-CT Guided Radiotherapy, Syngo Fusion Technology, 3-Dimesional Treatment Planning System, Simulator, Full-fledged Cobalt Unit for high precision external beam Radiotherapy. The CT scan, MRI & PET-CT Scan has networking with Radiotherapy Planning & Treatment which makes the entire treatment procedure highly precise.
IMRT & 3-D Conformal Radiotherapy :
Three Dimensional conformal Radiotherapy with multiple beams configurations helps in increasing therapeutic ratio by helping us preferentially treat tumor and protect normal tissues. IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy) is an advanced form of 3D CRT in which conformal radiation is delivered using multiple beams lets of varying radiation intensities leading to a very high degree of precision.
PET-CT Scanner & PET-CT Guided Radiotherapy :
PET-CT Scanner helps in:
Diagnose: To diff a tumor (benign or malignant)
Staging: Whole-body survey for metastases
Monitor: To monitor response to therapy
Recurrence: To scan for early detection of recurrence
Radiotherapy: Accurate localization & planning
PET-CT guided (Tumor guided) Radiation therapy Planning :
The PET-CT Scanner combines PET and diagnostic CT to produce a biograph image and measurements, which records in exquisite detail the life process at molecular level of tissues and internal organs from one non-invasive diagnostic procedure. It has superior diagnostic accuracy and patient management and is used clinically to detect & stage cancer, plan treatment and monitor therapy. PET-CT Scanner images are transferred to 3-D Planning System. PET-CT Guided Radiotherapy is planned based on Cellular & Molecular Diagnostic information given by PET-CT Scanner. Treatment is based at cellular & molecular level!
High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy:
As opposed to External Beam Radiation, in Brachytherapy, the source of radiation is placed within or adjacent to tumor tissue itself. This process is useful for cervical, breast, esophageal, bronchial, bile duct cancers etc. The HDR Brachytherapy Unit has its own dedicated and computerized 3-D Treatment Planning System and the treatment is delivered in a few minutes.
Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad Highlights
- Has treated over 3 million patients so far
- Performed over 80,000 major and 1,20,000 minor surgeries
- Over 600 renal transplants with a success rate of 95 %
- Pioneers in balloon and LASER angioplasty techniques
- Pioneers in Keyhole spinal surgery
- Only Indian hospital recognized as "International Training Organization" by American Heart Association
- First PET-CT Scan with Cyclotron in the private sector in the country
Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad: in the country to pioneer and perform:
- Advanced orthopaedic surgery - Knee & hip replacement, Ilizarov Limb Lengthening, etc.
- Balloon and LASER angioplasty techniques
- Keyhole spinal surgery
- Modern emergency care by introducing '1066' Emergency Service line
- Largest no. of surgical & invasive cardiac procedures for children with complex congenital heart disease
Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad Centres of Excellence
Oncology (Cancer Care)
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cosmetic, Plastic, Hand & Micro Surgery
- Diabetology & Endocrinology
- Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology
- Nephrology & Urology
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Obstetrics, Gynaecology & IVF
- Orthopaedics and Spine Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiology
|Branches of Apollo Hospitals in India
|Apollo Hospital, Chennai, India
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi, India
Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore, India
Apollo Hospitals, Ahmendabad, India
Apollo Victor Hospitals, Goa, India
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
send your detailed medical history and
as email attachment to
Call: +91 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)
|Worried for treatment, take a free second opinion – click here